Katy, TX – The health and safety of the horses competing at The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show, to be held March 23 – April 10, 2022, is of the utmost importance to the horse show staff. With that in mind, and after consultation with US Equestrian and the federation’s veterinary advisors, the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show will be implementing the equine biosecurity protocols outlined below.
Protocols for Possibly Exposed Horses
In following the US Equestrian return-to-competition protocols, and in taking additional precautions to ensure horse safety, any horse that has been on the Desert International Horse Park (DIHP) or Rancho Murieta showgrounds, or been exposed to horses that were on the show grounds, since February 20, 2022, must fulfill the following requirements:
- Each horse must have a negative EHV-1 PCR test or tests, even if the horse has quarantined for 28 days without symptoms. Tests will be required to be presented as follows:
- Two negative PCR tests taken within 14 days of the possible exposure, with one taken on day 7 and one taken on day 14
- OR one negative PCR test taken on day 21 since the possible exposure
- Day 0 is considered to be the day the horse left the venue at either DIHP or Rancho Murieta.
- These horses will also be required to have a health certificate (CVI) with an inspection date within seven (7) days prior to their arrival at Pin Oak that states that they have not had an elevated temperature or been treated for issues related to herd health within the last 45 days.
- All exposed horses must have a USEF EHV-1 Return to Competition Declaration and Testing Result Form completed online by an owner or agent, as well as completing a USEF Competition EHV-1 Declaration Form. The latter form will be available at the Great Southwest Equestrian Center for competitors to complete when they arrive at a show. This form can also be filled out in advance of arriving at the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show and submitted upon arrival.
Protocols for All Horses at the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show
The following protocols will be implemented for all horses competing at Pin Oak, regardless of where the horses may be arriving from.
- All horses who have not been exposed to horses participating in competitions at DIHP or Rancho Murieta will be required to have a health certificate issued within 21 days prior to their arrival date that states that they have not been treated for an elevated temperature or issues related to herd health for at least 30 days.
- Every horse, showing or non-showing, must have a USEF Competition EHV-1 Declaration Form signed by its owner or agent. This form can also be filled out in advance of arriving at the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show and submitted upon arrival.
- All horses must check in between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., unless prior arrangements are made.
- Paper copies of health papers must be presented to the check-in personnel upon arrival. No emailed or phone copies will be accepted.
For any additional information or questions, please contact Amy Uniss-Coleman by phone at 281-978-0767 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show, please visit www.pinoak.org.