- Pin Oak 2017 $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix
- Pin Oak 2017 $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Amalaya Investments/Oasis Petroleum Grand Prix
- Valobra Holiday Celebration 2016
- What to Wear 2016
- What to Wear Champagne Reception and Luncheon 2016
- Pin Oak at Neiman Marcus 2016
- Kick Off at Houston Club 2017
- Ronald McDonald Check Presentation 2016
- Texas Children Check Presentation 2016
- $30,000 Walter Oil & Gas Grand Prix
- $30,000 Valobra Hunter Derby 2016
- $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2016
- Sponsor Party at the home of Jana & Scotty Arnoldy
- Pin Oak Valobra Christmas 2015
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 2
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 1
- Pin Oak at David Peck
- Ronald McDonald House 2015
- Pin Oak at Texas Children Hospital 2015 - Candlelighters
- Pin Oak Texas Children Check Presentation 2015
- 30,000 Walter Oil Grand Prix 2015
- $30,000 USHJA Intl Hunter Derby Valobra
- $25,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2015
- $25,000 Hotze Health and Wellnes Grand Prix 2015
- Pin Oak Clays 2015 - “Guns and Roses”
- ArtReach for Pin Oak 2015 at RMH Houston
- Pin Oak What to Wear 2014
- Pin Oak After Party 2014
- Pin Oak 30,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- Pin Oak $30,000 Walter Oil and Gas Grand Prix Gala
- Pin Oak $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2014
- Meet The Riders & Pin Oak Club Members’ Reception
- 2013 Valobra Holiday Celebration for the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show.
- 2013 Ferrari Festival Fun!
- Inaugural Pin Oak Iron Horse Sporting Clays Event
- 2013 Ronald McDonald Family Room Check Presentation
- Pin Oak After Party 2011
- Pin Oak Charity Saturday’s Grand Prix 2013
- Pin Oak Easter Egg Hunt 2013
- $25,000 Pin Oak USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Charity Grand Prix 2013
- What to Wear Fashion Show 2013
- $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Jumper Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Dinner
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Garden Party
- Pin Oak Breed Championship Dinner
Hundreds of Katy Independent School District first, second, and third graders have the unique opportunity to go “behind the scenes” at The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show and learn all about this historical horse show.
Pin Oak Education Day gives these students an exciting hands-on experience, where they spend an entire morning getting to know the horses and the various jobs associated with a horse show. Texas Children’s Hospital and Houston’s Ronald McDonald House Family Rooms provided volunteers to escort the children from station to station.
Students arrive on buses and are greeted in the parking lot by volunteer Pin Oak hostesses with a quick lesson in horse show etiquette: when to clap, when to remain quiet, and the importance of staying with their assigned group as they tour the facility.
The children are divided into six equal groups to tour six different areas of learning for 15 minutes at a time. The lessons include a visit with the farrier, a talk with the veterinarian, a horse trailer tour, a tour of the barns, a firsthand look at the jumps that are used, and of course an opportunity to pet a real, live UK Shetland Pony that was originally bred to work in coal mines in the UK and later the United States of America.
Once every child has had an opportunity to visit all of the learning centers, they are escorted back to the Main Arena for lunch catered by McDonald’s Houston Regional Stores and their partners. Many McDonald’s employees work all year to bring good cheer and yummy food to these kids, and Ronald McDonald makes a special appearance to share his special brand of humor. Thank you, Ronald McDonald House for helping with this event each year. While enjoying their Happy Meals, students watch horses that are competing in the Main Arena at that time.
Education day began in 2005 as a one day event for approximately 100 children and has grown due to an overwhelmingly positive response from everyone involved.
The Pin Oak Board of Directors is proud to provide Education Day students with complimentary General Admission tickets, along with a souvenir program to the parents of the students attending this day of fun. Students are also provided with a take home coloring book to remind them of their experience at Pin Oak.
Thank you to the following companies and individuals for making Pin Oak’s Education Days possible:
McDonalds Houston Regional Partners for providing Happy Meals for the 782 students, teachers and chaperones
Adam Libs from the Pin Oak Jump Crew for his participation at the Jump Station
Brooke Ledge for their participation at the Trailer Station
Currie Equine and Dr. Decillo for their participation at the Vet Station
Joao B. Fonseca Netto for his participation at the Farrier Station
Memorial Park Hunters and Amanda Dougherty for their participation in the Barn Tour
Personal Ponies for their participation at the Therapy Pony Station
Shawn McMillen Photography for all the candid photos of the students
Volunteers from Candlelighters, Houston’s Ronald McDonald House Family Rooms, Texas Children’s Hospital, all of the Pin Oak Barn Moms, McDonald’s volunteers, Pin Oak office staff and key volunteers - thank you all!
from Pin Oak
USEF Premier Rated | USHJA Level 5 Jumpers | NAL |
WCHR Event | WIHS Sanctioned Event
POCHS reserves the right to make changes
to schedules and venue.
The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association benefiting Texas Children's Hospital
Copyright © 2000 - 2017
Pin Oak Charity Horse Show