about pin oak
- Pin Oak 2017 $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix
- Pin Oak 2017 $50,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Amalaya Investments/Oasis Petroleum Grand Prix
- Valobra Holiday Celebration 2016
- What to Wear 2016
- What to Wear Champagne Reception and Luncheon 2016
- Pin Oak at Neiman Marcus 2016
- Kick Off at Houston Club 2017
- Ronald McDonald Check Presentation 2016
- Texas Children Check Presentation 2016
- $30,000 Walter Oil & Gas Grand Prix
- $30,000 Valobra Hunter Derby 2016
- $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2016
- Sponsor Party at the home of Jana & Scotty Arnoldy
- Pin Oak Valobra Christmas 2015
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 2
- Pin Oak What to Wear Part 1
- Pin Oak at David Peck
- Ronald McDonald House 2015
- Pin Oak at Texas Children Hospital 2015 - Candlelighters
- Pin Oak Texas Children Check Presentation 2015
- 30,000 Walter Oil Grand Prix 2015
- $30,000 USHJA Intl Hunter Derby Valobra
- $25,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2015
- $25,000 Hotze Health and Wellnes Grand Prix 2015
- Pin Oak Clays 2015 - “Guns and Roses”
- ArtReach for Pin Oak 2015 at RMH Houston
- Pin Oak What to Wear 2014
- Pin Oak After Party 2014
- Pin Oak 30,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
- Pin Oak $30,000 Walter Oil and Gas Grand Prix Gala
- Pin Oak $30,000 Hildebrand Fund Grand Prix 2014
- Meet The Riders & Pin Oak Club Members’ Reception
- 2013 Valobra Holiday Celebration for the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show.
- 2013 Ferrari Festival Fun!
- Inaugural Pin Oak Iron Horse Sporting Clays Event
- 2013 Ronald McDonald Family Room Check Presentation
- Pin Oak After Party 2011
- Pin Oak Charity Saturday’s Grand Prix 2013
- Pin Oak Easter Egg Hunt 2013
- $25,000 Pin Oak USHJA International Hunter Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Charity Grand Prix 2013
- What to Wear Fashion Show 2013
- $25,000 USHJA International Hunter Jumper Derby
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Dinner
- $30,000 Pin Oak Grand Prix Garden Party
- Pin Oak Breed Championship Dinner
About Pin Oak
The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show is known for its rich history, time-honored traditions, equestrian excellence, and extraordinary giving. As one of the oldest and most prestigious horse shows in the country, Pin Oak is also one of Houston’s unique social and fundraising events.
In 1945 JS Abercrombie had the vision to create a world-class horse show to benefit the community. His vision became a reality on May 26, 1945, with the sound of the trumpet heralding the opening of the Pin Oak Charity Horse Show. This tradition of excellence continues today and has culminated into a 73 year legacy of giving that will be celebrated March 21 - April 8, 2018.
The show spans two weeks in March, with a dazzling array of horse and rider teams competing in a multi-breed equestrian extravaganza. Taking the stage are American Saddlebreds, Andalusians, Lusitanos, the classic Hunters, Olympic-level Show Jumpers, and the new discipline of Working Equitation.
Pin Oak began by benefitting Texas Children's Hospital, and Pin Oak is the oldest philanthropic partner of Texas Children's with the first donation in 1947.
A Tradition of Excellence
The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show is a multi-breed show - a rare treasure in North America today. Only a handful of horse shows continues to host a variety of breeds and disciplines as a major equestrian event. As such, Pin Oak was honored to be the first show in the United States to be designated as a Heritage Competition by the United States Equestrian Federation. The North American Riders Group (NARG) selected Pin Oak as a Top 25 horse show in North America three years in a row. Many other awards and "Best Show" designations have been collected over Pin Oak's history - creating our tradition of excellence for this equestrian athletic event.
We invite you to peek into this tradition of excellence through the program for the 72th Pin Oak Charity Horse Show.
A Legacy of Giving
Known for its legacy of charitable giving to support the healing of sick children, Pin Oak holds the honor of being the first donor to Texas Children's Hospital in 1947, by providing the seed money to begin the planning and building of the world's first pediatric hospital.
Today, Texas Children's has grown to be the largest pediatric medical institution in the world and has millions of patient encounters annually. With over $5.5 million dollars in giving to date, Pin Oak has expanded its circle of care by supporting the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (located at Texas Children's) and Candlelighters Houston for their work in the Texas Children's Cancer Center.
But Pin Oak is so much more than just a horse show as it engages with its charities throughout the year, with many outreaches and support events for each. We are proud of the donation we make each year, but we are also very proud of the 'hoof print' we leave on the community with our on-going efforts to help sick children and their families in so many ways.
from Pin Oak
USEF Premier Rated | USHJA Level 5 Jumpers | NAL |
WCHR Event | WIHS Sanctioned Event
POCHS reserves the right to make changes
to schedules and venue.
The Pin Oak Charity Horse Show
is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association benefiting Texas Children's Hospital
Copyright © 2000 - 2017
Pin Oak Charity Horse Show